Sunday, September 13, 2020

[NSV] I'm not in a full body cast, I can do some bloody exercise

Hi all, first time post, but lurking since July has been a good motivator!

Background: I'm a Judo player who has a well established cycle of picking up a major injury (ACL, dislocated shoulder, etc) and eating as if I'm still training whilst recovering, and just accepting the fact I'm in a new weight category. Got into some casual gymnastics last year as my ACL wasn't yet up to fighting and was doing fairly well with it when COVID hit.

Our scales were broken and in my head I was sat at 109 kg for the duration, and only when we got a new set and was at 119 was I shocked into doing something. Since July 18th I've gone from 119.3 to 105 kg and haven't had much drop in motivation.

On Thursday I broke my toe at gymnastics. Fuck.

Tiny injury by my usual standards, but it pretty much rules out 99% of the exercise I've been doing. In addition to that, on Saturday I was a kilo up from before the injury. Normally, I'd take the excuse and shrug off the weight loss as inevitable.

Not today. I went into the gym and made damn sure my upper body isn't getting a break out of this. I'm not wasting 2 months of progress because I feel sorry for myself.

submitted by /u/LactatingBadger
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bRiBcf

No comments:

Post a Comment