Monday, September 21, 2020

[Question] Is it bad if I don't weigh myself?

(TW: Mention of suicide)

Hi! I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this here, I've been wanting to ask this question for a few days but haven't known in which subreddit to post and this one seems like a nice one.

So I (23,F) haven't weighed myself in....years. I was probably 19,20 the last time and I think it was like 130KG, probably more, I've blocked out the memory, and I almost wanted to kill myself, got very close to it.

So since then I've avoided scales and doctors as much as possible, granted I only went to one once when I got an ear infection but he didn't put me on a scale.

This last week I've gotten on this "it's now or never" mindset so I bought a treadmill, changed some eating habits and I'm going through this journey with my mom. Who really wants to track her weight loss through a scale.

I'm terrified. I'm crying just thinking about getting on one. I've always measured my very up and down weight through clothing. I have certain clothing pieces from when I was at my worst and some from when I was at my best. And depending on how the clothes fit, that's how I know where my body is. It's currently in between the two. So not the worst, but not my personal best (which isn't good either because I've had weight problems since I was a kid)

I know that it's good for motivation but I'm just concerned on the mental affect it will have. I feel like if I saw a really big number, I would spiral, as I always have. But I've never been serious about fully committing to this life change, it always lasted a month or three.

So is it possible to avoid a scale during this? Should I get one and just hope I don't end up a wreck?

submitted by /u/anchoredwithhope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35Vb3E8

No comments:

Post a Comment