Monday, September 21, 2020

16 year old male, 280 lb struggling with weight loss.

I've struggled with my weight my whole life. Every milestone of life I've been overweight. My family was the same way, but due to pancreatitis my father managed to go from 250 lb to around 160, which wasn't a healthy weight loss, but it let him feel confident. My mom also managed to lose weight, through her odd medications and eating habits, and moving around more (which was hard due to her MS.)

I included all that because it puts into perspective where I'm at. I'm not even 18 and I'm the heaviest person in my family, by a long shot, and I hate every second of it. I've wanted to lose weight for years now but resources about what to do specifically just aren't common. At least to me, it's hard for a teenager with no support, no teacher, no doctor or anything to successfully begin losing weight sustainably.

I will say that I finally managed to convince my mom to get a membership at our local gym, but since joining two months ago I haven't lost a single pound. I haven't gained anything since, which is an improvement, but no loss.

I know I need dieting. I need a steady workout routine. But I just don't specifically know what to do. My mother always insists on cooking or eating out, and while eating out is bad, her cooking is almost worse, since it's just as unhealthy in terms of what she makes.

I don't know what to do. I'm in a position with no outside support, and I don't know if I'd be able to bruteforce my way to a lower weight.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can provide way more details if needed. I'll reiterate that I'm 16, male, 280 lb, and also 5'10. I haven't seen a doctor or talked to one about this my whole life. My parents are unsupportive and continue facilitating bad habits (I once snapped at my mother for buying cookies, refused to eat them, and we had an argument because she wasted money on food I "wanted but was too stubborn to eat.")

Thanks for the help, to whoever responds to this. I just want to live a normal life, I'm sick and tired of being winded from a brisk walk downtown, or being cautious of weighing down a chair.

submitted by /u/DJHammer_222
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FNey4T

No comments:

Post a Comment