Friday, September 11, 2020

Recent revelation on waning interests with hobbies when dieting

IMO, one of the hardest parts of losing weight is sitting with the bouts of boredom you face when you have nothing to do. I find it really hard to not think about eating food after dinner, and it took me a few years to find the main reason why. I maintained a lot of hobbies that I really enjoyed during high school (mostly video games). Now that I graduated college, video games are still kind of fun, but they are only really enjoyable when I am eating whatever I want.

Eating food made the experience of my hobbies better, and masked the fact that my interest in them was decreasing over time. When you start dieting, it becomes really apparent whether or not you truly enjoy the things you do on the regular. I think food is not only a coping mechanism in terms of dealing with stress or boredom, but it also gives you the impression that certain things are more fun or fulfilling than you think they are.

There are two big implications that I immediately resonate with.

1: Weight loss is so much easier when you have an actual immersive hobby that grips you and makes you "lose a sense of time"

2: Weight loss reveals how much you still align with your "hobbies"

Obviously being mindful is one of the most important aspects of losing weight successfully, but checking up on long term habits is one of the most important things that you shouldn't avoid. I sort of made a video about this on my youtube channel, but I don't think I can post it because of rule #8. But feel free to PM me if you want a link to my channel.

What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/wicipwner
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GLmpA6

No comments:

Post a Comment