Friday, September 4, 2020

Someone explained anti-chafing shorts to me

This isn't about a milestone or a specific amount of weight lost.

I've been losing weight gradually over the course of about four years (aided by visiting this sub!), I'm not exactly where I want to be, but I am happy with myself and at peace with taking things at my own pace.

One thing I hadn't realised is that my mental image of myself, and my own knowledge of my experiences, now clashes with how the friends I have made in the last 1-2 years see me.

I still see myself as a big person losing weight. But I was talking to my friend about outfits & stuff, and she mentioned wearing safety shorts under her dress. I just agreed, yep, I also wear safety shorts under dresses/skirts to avoid accidentally flashing people, I get it.

She wasn't convinced by my agreeing, and proceeded to explain to me the shorts also stop her thighs chafing together.

I was like ??? I know ??? But I realised that she's only seen me look a certain way. So it was reasonable of her to explain this to me.

Sorry this is so long winded but it was really a moment of me wondering how to say, no buddy I DO know what you're talking about, without making it about me/my weight loss. I just let it pass but hey, thought you guys would find it funny like I did!

Anyone else have an obese person explain an issue to you that you used to experience yourself?

submitted by /u/moonlaunch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/320M8go

No comments:

Post a Comment