Thursday, September 10, 2020

SV! 9.2lb down in 30 days! And my husband has lost around 10 lb in the same 30 days

Hi fellow losers! I’ve been trying to lose weight off and on for the last 7 years. I have gained around 50lb since grad school which was 7 years ago. There have been a few ups and downs with weight loss attempts, but mostly a steady upward trend. I have always been on the fluffier end compared to my peers, but never enough that I was worried about my health - just that I didn’t look as skinny as the other girls. Enter Covid 19. I work in healthcare, and I have been super stressed out at work and with everything going on politically in the US. I kinda gave up. I ate what I wanted and drank almost everyday. I knew that lifestyle couldn’t last forever, and that I was at a point where I had to make a change or I would end up like some of my patients. And I just wasn’t who I wanted to be. I want to be fit and get better at skiing, tennis, hiking, mountain biking, swimming, etc. I started looking at the covid situation as the perfect time to start making changes. We didn’t have anything going on, not eating out, not eating with friends, and more time because I wasn’t doing anything with friends.

My husband had also gained weight and was sick of being overweight, so we decided to make major changes the day after our 1st anniversary. For the last 30 days we didn’t drink any alcohol, eat/ drink anything with added sugar or fake sugar, or eat out. I portioned out every meal. We ate more veggies. I didn’t work out, but my husband still went on runs. We specifically followed the whole30 (not trying to promote it, just let you know what we did). We liked the whole30 because it made sense and there were some good cookbooks with tons of recipes to choose from. Nutritionally, it seemed like a good mix of protein, veggies, and some of the more starchy veggies like potatoes.

It wasn’t so bad the first 3 days, but then it became hard. I had headaches, I was cranky. I just wanted some damn sugar. It was hard cooking every single meal. But things gradually got better. First I was less bloated. Then my reflux went away. I started sleeping better. The cravings eventually went away for the most part by the 3rd or 4th week. I figured out how to cook for two people (we pick 3 meals and double the recipe and those covers lunches and dinners then we make one breakfast with the recipe doubled). This last week I have felt good enough to start my goal of walking everyday on top of eating better. What was once a huge undertaking is now more manageable and doable for the long run.

My plan is to keep eating mostly whole30, but to start reintroducing whole grains and legumes. I am going to keep up my goal of walking every day for the next 30 days (with yoga on rainy days and I will allow rest on my 12 & 16 hour shift days). I know that excluding sugar and alcohol forever isn’t realistic, so I do plan on drinking during my vacation at the end of the month and having some cake during my husband’s birthday this month. However, Sweets and alcohol will be reserved for special circumstances, because that is my ultimate goal of how to treat those two. I plan on keeping taking advantage of the covid situation and making most of my meals since we aren’t eating out or seeing any friends.

I’m super proud of myself and my husband and I can feel a difference from the 9.2lbs down (SW 195 CW 185.8 and I’m 5’5” and 29 yro for reference) I can tell I difference in my husband too; his cheeks are less full and his belly is more toned. I can tell similar differences in myself.

Keep it up everyone! I know times are extra tough right now, but I believe in you and you are capable of change and the work that goes into it!

Thanks for listening!

submitted by /u/Bluebirdday923
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Zs5xVD

No comments:

Post a Comment