Thursday, September 10, 2020

I'm back! Weight loss journey continues...

I stopped using this account a while ago, but have since become a moderator on /r/kajukenbo, so I resurrected it. A bit of background: When I graduated high school, I weighed 142 lbs soaking wet and I had 6% body fat. I was doing karate tournaments and such. Flash forward, I'm 49 years old now. I got up to 230 lbs and had enough. I got down to 198, then life happened (long depressing story. Check my post history if you want to know it) and balooned back up to 240 lbs. I worked hard and got back down to 196, then Covid-19 lockdown prevented me from visiting my gym. I turned into a slug and got back up to 226. I decided I wasn't going to let this stupid lockdown beat me. I got my wife onboard and we started working together to both get healthy.

I've been walking. Seriously, that's it. I've been walking between 2.5 and 5 miles per day with a morning walk on most days an an evening walk every day. We've been eating healthier, but mainly just been controlling our portion sizes.

This morning, I weighed in at 195. I haven't weighed this little in well over a decade.

Glad to be back.

submitted by /u/sifu_scott
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hjjw6n

No comments:

Post a Comment