Wednesday, September 9, 2020

The truth about weight loss

Hi! just wanted to give you a few tips before you begin your journey. These are all tips I wish I knew before i began my weight loss journey.

I posted this as a comment in another post but thought it would be nice to post as a text.

  1. ⁠You may have heard about a bunch of diet plans and what not and how you should only eat veggies and carrots and what not. That’s completely bs. For weight loss all you need is a caloric deficit, which means you’re burning more calories than consuming. You can eat what you want just in proportion. I avoid pasta though, cause it’s a killer.

  2. ⁠Lift weights and you probably will be since you’re at the gym lol. The thing with treadmill is that it’s a good warmup but it’s cardio and cardio only burns fat while you’re doing the exercise. With weights, you’re putting a strain on your muscles and they’ll need time to recharge. They’ll recharge during your sleep and you’ll be burning calories while they recharge so weights really boost weight loss.

  3. ⁠Don’t trust the scale more than your clothes. The scale is very inaccurate. It could show water retention, sodium levels being high, fecal matter being stuck. Most commonly, the machine doesn’t differentiate between fat and muscle weight. So maybe the scale isn’t moving, but you’re losing fat and gaining muscle. Your clothes will however tell you what you need to know. If you’re losing fat, you’ll fit your clothes better.

  4. ⁠Absolutely do NOT compare yourself to others. Genetics plays a huge role in weight loss and we all have different genetics so just be patient with the journey. It’s a marathon not a sprint.

  5. ⁠There will be days you want to give up, but remember, pain is temporary, regret is not. Eyes on the target. Remember your pain you’ve endured in life due to obesity during your workouts. It’ll give you the boost you need.

  6. ⁠Your first 2 months-ish, you’ll lose weight really quickly and that’s your body losing water weight but if you work your muscles, you’ll also be losing fat too.

  7. ⁠Sometimes you’ll hit a weight loss plateau and that means you’re not losing weight. As I said, the machine doesn’t take into account all the factors and the wins come from caloric deficit.

That’s all from me. I may have missed a few thing but I wish I knew all this before I began and now I’m glad I get to guide others. Feel free to add anything below :)

I hope you all the best!

submitted by /u/absolute-zero17
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3k1a7Cc

No comments:

Post a Comment