Wednesday, September 9, 2020

We are so focused on our physical diet that we seem to forget our mental diet also.

Physical diet helps us lose weight but we often don’t think about our mental diet. We need positive energy coming in, and going out.

I’ve been obese my entire life with a family that is also obese and my entire weight loss journey there will be toxic remarks of “you look like a skeleton, you have an eating disorder, you have lost enough weight you are bones” Or even when I was fat it was sugar coating bs like “you arent fat! just big boned and stocky!”

Remember, your success is a spotlight shining down on their missed opportunities. These things can really get to your head, even if you “ignore them.” Remember to replace this negative energy with positive energy, whether it’s motivational videos, progress pics, music whatever it may be.

They always ask why I always have my headphones in, this is the exact reason. I’m focusing on creating a better future for myself. Physically, mentally, etc. I don’t need to listen to bullshit judgements that aren’t true. Give me advice, give me honest criticism, but don’t call me a skeleton when I was still in the overweight category.

My older brother, who has always been slim told me days ago “lol, you only live once, eat all the food you want and just workout or whatever.” Really? Yeah that’s what led me to 220 lbs all my life, eating more, great advice..

People always encourage you to lose weight at first, but as you start getting in shape, their tone shifts and once you get in better shape than them...thats when the judging starts happening, because as I said, your success is just a spotlight, and they can’t handle the fact that they failed and didn’t get back up off their ass to keep going, but you did..and that’s why you’re successful, every single day, every single week.

Positive energy. Take in as much as you can, and give it back to the world. Give credit where it’s due. Clap to those who deserve it, because before you know it, you’ll be an inspiration to thousands of people and they’ll be clapping to you too.

submitted by /u/ilovepancakes54
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jYAGb5

No comments:

Post a Comment