Thursday, September 3, 2020

Things cutting out sugar and refined carbs for 7 days taught me

I am totally and horribly addicted to sugar and carbs. I’m prone to binging and get horrible cravings. After a particularly bad binge I decided that I had to make a change, if not for my weight loss, for my health and borderline type 2 diabetes. I gave myself an initial goal of 7 days, and holy crap has it taught me a lot. I didn’t calorie count or anything but I’m down 2kg in 7 days and feel like this sugar trap might finally be lifting.

So I wanted to share some things I have learned that might motivate you guys reduce your sugar intake

  1. Sugar is addicting as fuck (I dont think I need to explain this one)

  2. Surprisingly, less glucose = more energy. This is because I didn’t experience that blood sugar peak you get with carbs and sugary foods. I found I didn’t get too hungry or sleepy in the afternoons, and my workouts have been better.

  3. I learned how much sugar we face in our day to day lives. Simply making the decision to not eat a sugary snack that my office has laid out, or say no to basically every breakfast option, was enlightening. I face sugar everywhere I go, my family keeps and consumes mountains of the stuff every day.

  4. No sugar or carbs has meant nothing to binge on. I don’t want to make recommendations for those who suffer from BED or overeating, but I did find a lot of relief from them, simply because I was full from my food, and had no desire to binge on sweet potato, asparagus or grilled chicken.

  5. Mental relief. On top of the relief from binge eating, mentally, after I got past the cravings, I felt good! My mind was clear, and I began to put my food into perspective.

I’m going to continue this for another 3 weeks now! And can not recommend it enough.

There are definitely more, but if you guys have also quit sugar, did you notice these things or learn any other lessons?

submitted by /u/justme7773
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hX0Jij

No comments:

Post a Comment