Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Things extra weight does to your body that you may have never noticed

Hi everyone! I’m about 5 lbs from my goal weight. I’m posting here as I’ve made some observations about my pre weight loss body and my post weight loss body.

  1. I had calluses on my feet before weight loss, now they’re soft as a baby’s butt!

  2. My skin condition doesn’t flair up the way it once did. I’ve never had an official diagnosis, but I had boils basically on my thighs for years, some would get so bad I’d have to go to the ER to lance them. This was caused almost directly by my extra weight.

  3. My body doesn’t ache like it once did. One notable instance of this is, I’ve inherited bunions from my dads side, after any 4+ hour shift, my feet would killlll me because of it. This isn’t so much the case anymore and usually takes a 10+ hour shift before I feel any kind of pain from it.

  4. My skin glows a little more now, especially on weeks where I eat extra clean.

  5. My PCOS symptoms have lessened some. I’m hoping in the future I can actually have children now, naturally.

  6. I’m not dripping in sweat constantly. I used to think I was just a warmer person, no way could my body weight attribute to my body temperature. Ah, the lies we tell/told ourselves

  7. I don’t feel as winded or exhausted when just simply living life.

  8. I’m faster on my feet which is helpful for a job like mine.

  9. My thighs, underarms, and under boobs don’t chaf to high heaven in the summer anymore. No more baby powder, no more painful waddles after a day at the pool.

  10. My posture is different. My legs are no longer bo-legged because of my thighs being so large. My boobs no longer weigh 15 lbs (literally, I checked) so my back and shoulders don’t hurt so much and are easier to carry properly.

I’m sure there’s so many other things that weight loss has changed for my body that I haven’t noticed yet, if you’ve noticed something else not listed feel free to share!

I’m posting this because it is a reminder of how extra weight truly affects us, even in ways that one wouldn’t think could be related. It’s a reminder that I don’t want to live like that again, so many things I deprived myself of, that I put myself through unnecessarily. Never again. Never.

submitted by /u/roolyons32711
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bFXY2u

No comments:

Post a Comment