Wednesday, September 2, 2020

What has been your biggest realisation or behavioral change since you started your weight loss journey?

For me, the biggest revelation I've made is that feeling hungry almost never feels like a rumbling tummy, or hollowness, or anything I used to associate with needing/wanting food anymore. Instead, I've noticed that when I need more fuel, I start feeling sluggish and unfocused. I don't really get to the point where I feel ravenous anymore, so it's been easier to avoid unnecessary snacking and to stop eating when I feel full.

The only time I notice myself getting "hungry" in the sense I'd been used to is if I've had some junk food lately - it was startling to realize how quickly my body started craving junk again after one "cheat meal" from my favorite Indian take-out place, for example. After having it for dinner, I woke up "hungry" and had more trouble with cravings and eating only what I needed throughout the day. It really hammered home how addictive unhealthy foods can be.

How about you? I'm curious to hear how other people's perspectives have changed since starting to pay more attention to their bodies!

submitted by /u/sebeth204
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31QE6Gz

No comments:

Post a Comment