Wednesday, September 2, 2020

I hit my goal weight and then regained again...

To preface, I’m a 164cm (5’4) female in her 20s and my goal weight is 55/54kg (120 lbs). I started my weight loss journey in 2016 and at my highest weight I was probably 70kg.

I’ve hit 55kg twice now. Once in early February and again in late July, and I really liked how I looked even though I still had a bit of belly pooch even at that weight. But I struggle so much with maintaining that weight and have always managed to fall back into unhealthy eating patterns quickly and gain weight again until I’m around 58-60kg. And then I feel like shit because I know how great it felt to be at my goal weight and all I’m mad at myself for not maintaining it.

The last few weeks I’ve been bingeing on junk food pretty badly and I always look bloated and I feel awful, and I’m not sure how to gather the motivation to lose weight again and keep it off this time. I thought I’d include some patterns in this post that I’ve noticed that hinder my weight loss:

  1. I go too hard, too fast: I make my deficit too large and I drop pounds quickly but eventually I can’t handle the restrictiveness so I end up overeating badly.
  2. I get so disappointed by one or two days of bad eating that I feel like I’ve failed so I keep eating higher than my deficit for the rest of the week
  3. I eat sugary food and trigger foods after dinner which makes me want to eat more. Snacking after dinner is probably my biggest weakness
  4. I get frustrated when I don’t see weight changes quickly enough and then I feel like giving up.
  5. I definitely don’t drink enough water.

This time around instead of starting hard with a 1200 deficit, I’m aiming for 1,500 calories a day. I’m also going to eat more filling food at night so I don’t feel the urge to snack afterwards and if I do then I’ll have some fruity herbal tea or low sugar chai instead. I’m also going to be logging everything eat into MFP, even if I go grossly over my daily calorie amount just so I can hold myself accountable. I also eventually want to start intermittent fasting again.

Sorry, this post didn’t really have a main point, it was more just me rambling and trying to make sense of things. I guess the main takeaway is that make sure your weight loss plans are sustainable because reaching your goal weight is only half the battle.

I’d love to hear any tips you guys have about how to avoid the urge to binge on snacks or just any weight loss tips in general!

submitted by /u/Wyn_Rose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bmmeq5

No comments:

Post a Comment