Wednesday, September 2, 2020

My Niece is noticing my weight loss, how do I respond without giving them a complex for the future?

My niece (5) is starting to notice my weight loss. She told me last week that my face at Christmas used to look round (she traced a big circle around their face) and now does not (she traced her own face). I just responded with “I guess I have different faces!”

Later she noticed my ribs while laying down. And saw my collar bone. She asked what that was (pointing to my collar bone and ribs). I made her shrug so she could feel her own collar bone and explained it’s bones we all have.

My nieces are very slim and active. My other female relatives are overweight, and as I continue to lose weight, my niece is noticing that I have bones or differences from the other female adults.

How do I approach this subject when they ask? Do I tell them I am losing weight? Do I say bones stick out in some people and don’t in others? They went on a run with me twice when I was visiting. They know I’m becoming more active. I just don’t want them to think they have to be small or big or look any way. I don’t want to give them a complex. They already have some sense of body items (asking me to pull down my bathing suit to cover more of my bum) and I don’t want to add to it.

submitted by /u/THROWaway87351
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31PcHos

No comments:

Post a Comment