Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Day 1 (again)

Well this is my first post ever on Reddit, I’ve turned to Reddit because I’ve heard a lot of good things about this thread besides I can always use some advise, motivation and arguably most importantly a place to share experiences with like minded people as I start this journey again.

I’m 29, a Firefighter/ Paramedic and back to my old weight of 288 since losing 70 lbs back in 2014 from some quick, expensive and unsustainable program I tried called Quivana. Luckily I’m not at my highest but I don’t plan on getting back up to the 310 I used to be. Today starts my new goal to get back down to a healthy weight. This time I’m not rushing any of my results as I have in the past which only seems to sling shot me further into gaining weight.

I’ll keep it short, I’ve always been generally pretty active when I can be. When I’m feeling good, the gym has always been great tool for my mental and over all physical health, but seemingly as I’ve gotten older, that motivation to get my ass out of the house has dwindled but that motivation is back and I feel ready to get back on this train. Not only for me but my girlfriend and our first child which will be here come August. That’s really all the motivation I need and I’m ready.

I’ve half ass attempted multiple different methods of weight loss and diet plans that all seem to fall through because of laziness, lack of motivation or gimmicky diet fads that just aren’t sustainable and I’m lost as to how much of that is because of my increasing pessimism and Ill-motivation towards these diets and what they can actually achieve or if they just simply aren’t realistic. I’m leaning a lot more towards sticking to the simple yet effective approach of burn more calories then you consume. Calories are calories. But like many of you, I’m sure, my trust issues with weight loss are at their peak and I know that’s a mental bridge I’m going to just have to get over. With that said, if anyone has any advise, tips, science, diets, stories anything at all to share I’d love to hear it. Where to start, workout plans, all of it. Preferably what has actually helped that I can add to my Arsenal and personalize my own “plan of attack”. I’ll be posting updates for anyone who cares every so often. Thanks in advance 🤘🏼

submitted by /u/Economy_Attention374
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aQnwf3

No comments:

Post a Comment