Monday, December 28, 2020

(M33, CW 180lbs) NSV - Ran and rode over 2,300 miles in 2020!

Hi r/loseit community.

As we get ready to welcome in a new year and likely some new users, I wanted to share a NSV for me; I ran and rode over 2,300 miles in 2020!

TL/DR: Lost over 100 lbs in 2017/2018 and have been in maintenance 'plus' mode since. I push myself hard physically and set a goal for at least 1,000 miles run in 2020. Achieved that (1,068 miles ran and a 5k pr of 20:38) and also added in cycling for an additional 1,236 miles for a total of 2,300+ miles with 3 days to go!

Link to my history and details about my weight loss: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/anfxcb/m3258_290lbs_165lbs_125_lbs_27_years_and_going/

If I can do it, anyone can do it. And it is 100000000% worth the effort and time to lose the weight!

I treat my journey as if I am always at risk of backsliding, because I know I am. In late 2019, to help stay the course, I came up with a goal of running 1,000 miles+ in 2020. Due to an injury setback in September that stopped my running (zero miles ran in September!) I picked up a bike and discovered another form of cardio to help keep my laziness in check :)

My journey is incredibly rewarding and challenging at the same time. After 3 years I make a daily priority of my physical well being. Wake up at 0430 to exercise, count nearly all of my calories (except for Thanksgiving pie haha) and continue to push myself to be better.

My 3 keys to success:

  1. Diet > Exercise 100% of the time and exercising doesn't give you an excuse to eat like shit
  2. Make exercise fun. If I didn't enjoy what I do, I wouldn't do it. Plain and simple
  3. Motivation is fickle, momentum isn't. If I waited for motivation, nothing would ever get done. The positive momentum I have built has helped me stay the course and seek out ways to keep pushing myself further. Life is short, I want to feel alive instead of simply going from the office to the couch to the bed to the office to the couch to the bed... That's not me anymore.

I hate sounding cheesy or like anyone wants advice from some rando here. But, if there is anything I can do to help anyone, please reach out. If I can help, I will.

Here's to a crazy 2020!

submitted by /u/Pants_trick
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nUzF6o

No comments:

Post a Comment