Thursday, December 31, 2020

Finally hit my first goal of being under 190 in time for the new year!!

I've always had a bit of an unhealthy relationship with food and body image, especially growing up poor and overweight as a kid, but I've recently been feeling so motivated and excited!

Last summer, I started trying to lose weight. I was working out almost everyday after work (and actually having fun!) and logging food into My Fitness Pal. I lost about 10lbs that summer and was feeling great, but I ended up falling off of my diet and exercise routine when I went back for my last year of college and just being stressed.

After graduating college and finally getting my first job (!!) in October, I told myself that I wanted to start over and really commit to this again. Especially because I'm working at a diabetes clinic, I felt like it was good motivation. I decided to give myself smaller goals to reach to keep me motivated, and I finally hit my first one for under 190lb!

I've been meal prepping my lunches that I bring to the office everyday and I let myself eat out once a week for lunch. I've been doing good with keeping to my calorie limit or at least keeping myself accountable tracking everything in MFP! I still have trouble on the weekends, mostly because my family/mom's love language is food, so it's been rough, but I've been persevering!

Thanks for letting me share with you all! :) I don't really like talking to my friends/family about weight, just because I've grown up with a lot of teasing and unsolicited weight loss advice. I've only told a couple of my close friends, but not really any details.

Hoping to hit my next goal of getting to 160lbs and going from obese to being overweight in 2021! Happy New Year to y'all!

submitted by /u/dogsandpandas
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2X0ZC8g

No comments:

Post a Comment