Monday, December 28, 2020

Looking for Advice (F30)

F30 (5'6" - SW 172 / GW 140) I'm looking for suggestions for how to lose weight by mid March (and continue to maintain thereafter). Even if I don't lose the full 30 pounds, even if I lose half of that, I will consider it a success. I know it's a high benchmark considering my starting weight and that it can sometimes take up to a year for women specifically to reach their goal in a healthy way. My idea is to do CICO and exercise 3-5 times a week. I am planning on cutting: breads, alcohol, processed foods and sugars and a lot of dairy although I want to keep eating Greek yogurt for the probiotics and protein and reward myself with something cheesy on my "cheat" days which I plan to be on Saturdays (I still plan on cutting out alcohol and processed food and sugars these days too). The hardest part for me that I've found in sticking to my weight loss plan is the motivation and dedication. I am a teacher and find the stress of my job makes it difficult to maintain my eating plans, especially if I forget my lunch and have to go out, or if I'm just really sick of the monotonous meals and want to "treat" myself for how hard I'm working. I also just love comfort food. The weekends are the most difficult especially if I don't feel like cooking and order out. Beer and wine is also super calorie dense which is why I'm cutting that out too. I've gone 4 weeks now without alcohol but have unfortunately replaced with super unhealthy foods and diet soda so have not lost any weight simply due to that.

A little background - I have an athletic build, but carry most of my weight in my belly, butt/thighs and starting to see in my neck and biceps. I think the fact that I still have tiny wrists, ankles and a long face I simply accepted my weight for the past few years even though I continue to gain due to various factors and the past 2 years have been really unhappy with how I look. I used to play a ton of sports growing up, mostly soccer, but stopped playing when I went to college. My smallest size in college, even after I gained the freshman 15, was a size 4. I am now at a tight size 8.

Not sure if any of that information is helpful, but I'm also looking for anyone who understands my dilemma and has gone through a similar situation. How do you stay motivated? What do you eat that is still "comforting" but low calorie and no-guilt?

I am starting today, instead of waiting for the new year, so I can get a head start. And, my mom wants to lose weight with me starting Jan 1, so I'd like to stay motivated so I can help her, too. Thank you everyone!!

submitted by /u/Bumfuzzle1920
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3prvLlG

No comments:

Post a Comment