Tuesday, December 29, 2020

finally lost one pound after a month of nothing!

Some context may be helpful here. I (5'4 F, 20 yrs) have been stuck at 125 pounds for the last month. It was really disheartening for me, and I began to freak out about my body's set point and weight loss plateaus and blah blah.

Two weeks ago I finally admitted the real reason to myself--I wasn't logging my food correctly. I'd eat healthy and make sure everything would fit in my 1200 calorie deficit, but whenever I'd go to the kitchen for a glass of water, I'd sneak a handful of potato chips or cut off a sliver of brownie. I wouldn't log it, and I wouldn't think about it too hard, because it's such a small bite of food, what difference would it make? And maybe those first few bites didn't make a big difference, but when I couldn't bring myself to stop, all those little calorie-dense bites added up over time and I stopped losing weight.

So I forced myself to stop. I did intermittent fasting to cut the excessive snacking, and this morning when I stepped on the scale, I was 124 pounds! Just wanted to brag about this somewhere :) A million thanks to this subreddit for encouraging me when I needed it!

submitted by /u/ariella124
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38HMafb

No comments:

Post a Comment