Monday, December 28, 2020

Week 4 log / 1 Month Update: The end of the beginning

It's been 4 weeks now since I started my fun little food experiment. Before I say anything else, I want to say thank you to everyone who has followed it and given me words of encouragement. You have all played a part in my success.

Mid November I started my weight loss journey, with an idea, and a wealth of resolve to get it done. The idea was to pretend I was on a colony, or space station, or interstellar vessel out somewhere. Carrying all the food that I'd need for the entire month with me. With that in mind, I spent several weeks in November preparing all the food I was going to eat in December.

I began when December arrived. It was difficult at first, but very quickly became the new normal for me. Picking out the meals I'd have for my coming day, ensuring I'd include some tasty but limited treats with each one to satisfy my sweet tooth. I learned to take my time with eating again, what it feels like to be full and not stuffed, and what it feels like to be truly hungry instead of just craving.

My end goal with all of this of course is to lose weight. But I realized before I even started planning in November that for that to happen, I had to reset how I looked at and consumed food. In that respect, I have absolutely succeeded. The cravings are few and far between, I prepare and consume reasonably sized portions, and I stop eating whenever my body tells me it's full.

Along the way I have of course lost some weight and my measurements have changed. I'll post the information below, along with updated "after" pictures.

Some parting thoughts:

My biggest road blocks in getting my weight under control were portion control and planning ahead. When planning ahead I had to not just account for having good food options available but also for having reasonably sized servings of the bad options. I still eat sweets every day, but I eat them in much smaller portions. I can still bake things like banana bread or cinnamon rolls, but I eat them over the coming weeks instead of in a day or two.

So my advice for others is this: Try to objectively identify where you are struggling, and instead of just saying "I'm going to eat smaller servings" or whatever it would be, do something fun or interesting with it. Find a way of addressing it that works for you. That path is going to be unique to each person.

Results:

Starting Weight: 198 pounds / 89.9 kg

Ending Weight: 189 pounds / 85.8 kg ( Lost 4.1 kg)

Starting Neck Measurement: 16.9" / 43 cm

Ending Neck Measurement: 16" / 40.5 cm ( Lost 2.5 cm)

Starting Waist Measurement: 39.96" / 101.5 cm

Ending Waist Measurement: 37.5" / 95.5 cm ( Lost 6 cm)

Before Photos

After Photos

Previous Posts:

Start

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

submitted by /u/TastyCinnaRoll
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hq6TI5

No comments:

Post a Comment