Thursday, December 31, 2020

SV: I lost 10 pounds in 2020 and I'm so proud

I lost 60 pounds in 2019 and it was honestly one of my greatest achievements in life. I wanted to lose the last 40 in 2020 and was on track to do so until mid-January.

Then I went on vacation and came back and got really sick (just a bad cold, Not Covid) - had my fun guilt-free vacation food and then a ton of comfort food while I was sick. So by mid-February I had gained back 10 pounds - no problem, mostly water weight - got back on track and lost those 10 by early March. Was back on track and feeling so good about tackling the last 40.

Then COVID hit and my routine fell apart. Routine had been the key to my weight loss the prior year so without that it was a big struggle. The first two weeks I found myself turning back to comfort food and could have very easily slipped back into my old ways and gained it all back. Instead, for the next six months I had a lot of bad days but always pulled myself back - so I ended up fluctuating in a 5 pound range for that 6 months - I'm so glad I was able to maintain for that long, especially in the circumstances. d Then from Sept-November I lost 10 more pounds - the only 10 I lost all year, not the 40 I wanted - and my initial instinct is to be disappointed I'm not closer to my final goal - but instead I am celebrating. Not only did I maintain last year's weight loss I also lost 10 more. The old me could have never done this - food was my entertainment, comfort, companionship for years and I wanted so badly to turn back to that old friend during this crazy year. I wasn't perfect by any means and had a ton of bad days (and sometimes weeks or months) but I made it through and came out AHEAD! I feel like I really found my strength and my relationship with food still needs work but I'm proud of where it is right now.

Only 30 to go now - time to kill it in 2021!

submitted by /u/LiaLily
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34YEvIn

No comments:

Post a Comment