Monday, December 28, 2020

Hiding.

(https://www.instagram.com/p/CJW0SDVHsUU-lKuWGF9wDbUpzKEPCt_FPWHxiU0/?igshid=4cjin31tlv3k)

F/24/5’0. CW: 140 lbs GW: 120 lbs

The first two photos were taken when I was at my physical prime about 8 years ago (17 yo).

I was still a competitive swimmer then, swimming about 4-5 days a week, 2 hours a day. I hate it when people always preach about confidence but that’s the best way I can explain how I felt then. I was comfortable in my own body and I felt strong which translated into confidence in my character and personality.

Fast forward 8 years (24 soon to be 25 yo) and many hits on my personal life later, I find myself hiding in my clothes and behind my hair. I know it’s not fair to compare my body now in my mid-20’s to my teen years but I hate just how far I have let myself go.

I started nursing school this past January and everyone always told me to watch out for the nursing school weight gain. Add on top of that, quarantine weight gain and I have no idea how I got here. Now I am 140 pounds which is A LOT for my 5’0 stature.

A few months ago, I started Kayla Itsines’s Bikini Body Beach Guide which included resistance exercises 3 times a week and cardio twice a week. I thought it was going well but as always, I let something hold me back. Finals came and with that plenty of stress. Then my knees started hurting to the point where I had to rest for a few days just to function.

I want to start over but with an overhaul on everything, from my exercises to nutrition to lifestyle. But thinking about all those details tend to overwhelm me.

To those who have been on the weight loss journey and successful for the past few months, what are some things that truly helped you?

Here are the things that I have access to that maybe someone could help advice me with a routine: public football stadium, treadmill, stationary bike, rode bike, public pools, parks, trails, TV, resistance bands.

submitted by /u/Numb-and-Dumb_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KGYUus

No comments:

Post a Comment