Sunday, December 27, 2020

Fostering a healthier relationship with how I eat

I wonder if anyone else feels like this. I’m a 134 cm (5ft 4.5in) woman. My starting weight was around 190lbs (86kg) and my current weight it 142ish lbs (64.5kg). I’m super happy about my weight loss and my goal weight is 130 lbs (59kg).

I feel like I lost a lot of that weight in a way that wasn’t very sustainable. About 10lbs was changing my diet and environment, and another 10 was cutting out alcohol, but about 25 lbs was sheer stress over the past two years.

I read a post yesterday, and part of it mentioned what people with healthy relationships with food do during the holidays. It made me wonder if I have a healthy relationship with food, and when I got to the point that I began acknowledging that I did not have one. I think I’ve made great strides, but I don’t think I’ve quite got it, yet.

I’ve been in a plateau for the past two or three months and I’m trying not to let it bother me during the holiday season. This year has been tough and I’m trying to allow myself to relax a bit. It feels like unsteady territory, but I think this is what I need. I used to think about my next meal all the time: now I think about the number on a scale.

I think I need to hit the brakes for a bit, and then return when I’m ready for a fresh start. Thank you all, loseit crew, for a wonderful and uplifting group.

submitted by /u/whooo000p
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nV6HTF

No comments:

Post a Comment