Tuesday, December 29, 2020

My Husband Thinks He is a Nutrition Expert

My husband and I have been trying to make healthier choices when it comes to food. I have tried to do the whole meal prep thing. It works for me, but not for him. I end up throwing out over half of the food I make for him because he simply doesn’t eat it. However, he still tries to say that we need to meal prep.

Almost every night, he wants to order food from DoorDash or Grubhub. I get very frustrated because I have no issue eating the food I’ve made. Also, when you’re ordering food from a restaurant, it’s so hard to make healthy choices.

My issue is that he always says “we need to get back on track with eating healthy,” or “this is the last meal we’re ordering,” but this happens MULTIPLE times a week.

I made a comment the other day about how it’s much better to have one or two small cheats a week, like maybe a cookie or your favorite coffee drink. However, he insists that it’s much better to have a massive cheat once a week or every two weeks because it somehow balances better than the small cheats do.

I’ve told him that I have never known a single dietician or nutritionist say that, and they always say that small cheats are the way to go for long term weight loss. He disagrees, aggressively, and just tells me that I’m wrong.

I’m getting almost angry about this whole thing because I feel like he is a huge part of why we’ve been struggling to lose weight and keep it off. I have no clue what to even say anymore because no matter what I tell him, somehow he knows more and he’s always right. What do I do here?

submitted by /u/Jc_taylor
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pyGpY4

No comments:

Post a Comment