Monday, December 28, 2020

I'm so depressed because of how I look after weight loss and I don't know how to start accepting myself...

I'm a 22 year old female who has lost 75 lbs (34 kg) since November 2019, I weigh 76 kg (167 lbs) now. I have been overweight my whole life and became clinically obese 3 years before I decided to lose weight in 2019. Growing up watching shows like the biggest loser, I never knew that people get loose skin after they lose weight. Even the girls at my high school who lost a lot of weight never really mentioned having loose skin, so it just never occurred to me. As for me, I have 46 more pounds (21 kg) to lose and I already have so much loose skin, my body literally looks like it's melting...

When I lay on my back and put my feet up, the skin pools at the top of my thighs and covers a small portion of my stomach. I used to have really pronounced hip dips (that I used to love) when I was 100 kg but now they're just flaps of skin with little fat that look really weird, even my mom and my sister say so. My boobs literally sag down to my belly button since they deflated so much, I expect them to sag, even more, when I lose the 46 pounds I still have to lose. I lost most of the fat in my upper back but I still have rolls there... And it's all just skin. Heck, even my face and my neck have loose skin on them.

When I tell people how upset this makes me feel and how I wish I never gained so much weight they just tell me to accept my reality and try to accept myself. But, I don't know how?! I was always told I'd be prettier and more confident if I lost weight but now I feel like I only have more insecurities to worry about. Being fat masked how huge my head is for my body, now I look like a bobblehead. I have an hourglass figure (41-inch bust, 29-inch waist, 42-inch hips) that you can't even see because of how much loose skin I have and how low my boobs sag!! People would always say "Oh you already have such a nice body it would look even better if you lost weight" but I think it looks worse now. I know how vain this sounds and I know I shouldn't focus on how I look and rather how much healthier I'm becoming but I just can't help but think of how disgusting my body looks when I see myself naked... It has gotten to the point where I am constantly thinking what's the point of losing the last 46 pounds if my body is gonna look even more disgusting in the end anyway.

I don't know what to do, I have been so depressed about this ever since noticing it a few months ago. I want to follow other people's advice and accept myself but every time I look at myself all I feel is shame, disgust, and frustration at myself for getting so damn fat and ruining my body like this.

submitted by /u/iwannaloooooseweight
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rw53Kt

No comments:

Post a Comment