Saturday, December 26, 2020

2020 didn’t go exactly as planned. And I’m okay with that.

I didn’t start 2020 with a new years resolution to lose weight, it was coincidental. I caught a stomach bug right after Christmas, just about this time last year, and lost 10 pounds due to not being able to eat for 2 days. Something clicked inside me and I decided to use that as a kickstart to weight loss. I lost 10 more pounds over a few months, for a total of 20 pounds lost by March 2020. I was so proud of myself and feeling great, of course. Then, we all know what happened in March 2020. Boredom eating, stress eating, and simply losing my willpower caused me to gain weight. I didn’t step on a scale for months, until this morning when I saw just how much weight I gained back.

14 out of the 20 pounds I lost this year, I gained back.

But I’m not going to let this spiral into a mentality of “I gained some back so I might as well not care anymore”. I’m going to look at it as starting 2021 a whole six pounds lighter, which is undoubtedly better than where I started. I’m not where I could be if I didn’t give up, I’m not where I planned to be. But this year wasn’t how I planned it to be, either. I will continue to love my body and do what’s best for it, and start 2021 intentionally and will lose the weight a second time and then some.

Here’s to everyone whose 2020 also didn’t go as planned. Join the club.

submitted by /u/smthgudinevrythng
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WOmZln

No comments:

Post a Comment