Saturday, December 26, 2020

Cognitive therapy for weight loss, any good guides or books?

Hello

The thing that usually causes me to overeat is that I suddenly get a thought that I should overeat, and then that thought may stay there for a short time, go away and come back. And then I justify to myself that I can order something and overeat.

I think it may help to shut that thought down straight away. That got me thinking about cognitive therapy, I have been exposed to it some years ago for treatment for depression, but I didn't use it so much. But from what I remember, it is about identifying negative thoughts, and then handle them accordingly when they arrive. Do you know about any books or guides that gives you an intro to cognitive therapy and how to use it to treat overeating? I'd like it to be simplified, it is not very motivating to have to read a big book, I need simple strategies.

As I said I don't know much about cognitive therapy, and as far as I know there may be many different ways of doing it. But what I am interested in is something that stops me from overeating when I get those thoughts and start justifying that I can get fast food/candy.

submitted by /u/vott123123123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rumeMv

No comments:

Post a Comment