Sunday, December 27, 2020

Quarantine and power outages have me going backwards (vent post)

I see a lot of people have really taken advantage of the pandemic and staying at home and getting better control of their eating, weight loss, and exercise, which has been great. I'm not sure why I'm making this post except to vent about my frustration this whole year.

A few months ago I found this sub and took it's advice to heart, and actually started losing weight! I went from 219lb to 209lb (the lowest I'd been for a year or two) and shit just started to hit the fan immediately after. I live in SoCal and we started having power outages weekly - I had to take our fridge contents, move them to my moms, and back and forth for a few weeks. I ate out because I had to and completely lost my under-calorie streak. I lost a lot of money on groceries. Then I just stopped counting calories because I felt defeated by the high-caloric foods I was eating. The power outages would last a few days at a time and I couldn't control where we got food and I couldn't cook for myself either.

I feel so lost now. I just want to pig out because it feels like my efforts will just get thwarted again, and weight loss takes such a long time. That if I start these fucking power outages are just going to make it worse again. I know that the sooner I start the sooner I'll see progress, but it feels so harder than it did a few months ago. It feels like everything I eat has so many damn calories regardless of what it is, homemade or not. It's like I've completely forgotten how I did it in the first place.

I had finally felt good about losing weight since I can control the kitchen and my disability keeps me from being able to exercise at all. But now I'm tired of being home doing nothing all day. I'm tired of cooking. I'm tired of washing dishes. I'm tired of making messes then having to clean it up every damn day. I'm in this tiny apartment all day every day and I'm so over it.

Again, not really posting except to vent and maybe get some words of wisdom from everyone. I feel like if I start again I'm just going to fail and grab the nearest bag of chips. I wish quarantine was just simple, but living in this tiny apartment, the power being cut a million times, and I'm too exhausted to do anything but stay fat.

submitted by /u/Gavindorf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38GyOzE

No comments:

Post a Comment