Thursday, December 31, 2020

I quit smoking and had a weight loss epiphany

Just like the title says. I know one might not have a lot to do with the other, but it hit me like a ton of bricks this morning. I quit smoking just over 2 weeks ago after nearly 20 years of being a smoker. I NEVER thought I would be able to quit since I have tried and failed a million times, but thanks to a two day hangover during which just the thought of a cigarette made me sick to my stomach, I finally kicked the habit. I know, not very healthy, but I did it. Anyway, this morning I was thinking about the whole New Year New Me thing and how I've never really been the type to make new years resolutions, when I realized that if I can accomplish the mammoth feat of giving up smoking, of course I can lose the thirty pounds I've gained over the last few years. If I feel this good after 2 weeks without a smoke, imagine how great I'll feel once I'm no longer lugging around this extra weight! So I guess it's back to exercising and calorie counting as of today :)

submitted by /u/xFartKnucklex
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/350f9tp

No comments:

Post a Comment