Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Dating during weight loss journey, especially when you used to look much different?

I was extremely athletic less than a year ago, wore beautiful clothes, kept my hair nicely done, etc. Then my dad passed away in a horrifically traumatic way that I witnessed, and Covid happened, and I gained a lot of weight (I’m only 5’1 and went from a size 2/4 to a size 12).

I am turning 37 this year and had previously planned to try to start dating once my dad got better (that never happened) because I would love to get married one day (unsure about kids). I feel far too self conscious to take any photos at my current weight, let alone meet men. I am not used to being this size and am incredibly uncomfortable in my own skin. I was not like this when I was in shape - I was so much more confident.

I’m working on losing weight but don’t want to put off dating yet another year or more, especially at my age, because of this unexpected series of events. How have others handled dating during weight loss? Is it worth it to put myself out there when I’m this self conscious or should I just wait until I feel better and can get some weight off? I’d love to “accidentally” meet someone through a weight loss site or app, since they might be more understanding and have similar goals/lifestyle, but that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen since they’re not dating sites and they seem to be 99% women.

Covid is still raging in my area so I can’t do group Meetups and wouldn’t even meet up with someone individually for a couple more months probably, when the vaccine is scheduled to be available here.

submitted by /u/MHJourney
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38GIXfP

No comments:

Post a Comment