Sunday, December 27, 2020

10 days of Christmas = 8.7kg

So, I decided late on Christmas Day that I would jump back on the weight loss wagon on Boxing Day instead of the classic adage of “diet starts on Monday”. I gorged myself on the last remnants of cakes, candy, chips (all the dirty ‘c’ words = carbs) that night. I really feared what the scale would say the next morning. And rightly so.

After 10 full days of feeding freedom, binging almost nonstop on everything my heart desired, amassing what can safely approximate is over 9,000 calories a day, I weighed in at an unfathomable 82.2kg. I gained a crazy 8.7kg from my pre-holiday weight, (which was already slightly up from my recent low, due to some diet slip ups, mind you) from 73.5kg. Horrific. Disgusting. I could also feel it on my body. I know I have gained weight. Real fat. It feels like I’ve gained a lot. It’s hard to say exactly how much and I sure as hell look forward to it coming off quickly as I jump right back onto the wagon. And uncovering exactly how bad the damage is once the water weight is gone.

Yes I had a great time and ate a lot of delicious food, but I definitely took it way too far and set myself quite a few steps back in my weight loss journey. I also think my body was primed to suck up as much of the weight I’d lost recently.

Today I’m 80.0kg. My goal is 60kg. I have just under 12 weeks to get there. Starting now.

Bit of an accountability post. More of a whinge and vent because I’ve royally fucked up my progress and feel like a fat failure. But we live and learn. I had a diet break that I needed to celebrate, reset, recalibrate. Now I know I need to commit, persevere, stay strong and be patient with the process. Here’s to a happier and healthier 2021. To all my weight loss buddies, we got this.

submitted by /u/iskra099
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38w8QyE

No comments:

Post a Comment