Saturday, December 26, 2020

Is going to a nutritionist worth the time (and money?)

I've been trying to lose weight without much success, so my doctor recommended I see a nutritionist. I don't have any real qualms about it, he/she works in the same office as my doctor and so it's not like I'd be taking advice from someone without credential...

But is is worth going? I feel like I'm just going to get a lot of "eat less, exercise more" which is great advice, but something I already know. Obviously the nutritionist isn't gonna give me a magic pill and tell me I'll wake up 100 lbs lighter tomorrow, but are they gonna give me any advice that as a reasonably-educated, rational person who has been working at weight loss for a few months now I won't already know?

I guess my concern is that I'm gonna be going to a professional and paying out of pocket (whoooo US healthcare system) for someone to tell me "Yeah, keep doing what you're doing." Has anyone had experience with a nutritionist? What can I expect? And in your opinion, should I bother?

(obviously this is being asked with the caveat of you guys not being doctors, not being me, and not having direct knowledge of my physicality)

submitted by /u/Hot_Dog_Cobbler
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nRqdR8

No comments:

Post a Comment