Sunday, December 27, 2020

Other people feeling judged by my weight loss - anyone else have this happen?

Whenever I talk to other people about my weight loss journey, it seems like they automatically feel judged or attacked by me. The subject has come up lately because my weight loss is noticeable, and people mention it and ask what I’m doing. I’m honest and tell them I’m doing a modified keto plus CICO, and exercise. It’s usually at that point where the other person starts self-deprecating, saying things like, “Ugh, I’m so fat, I need to lose weight too!” Or “I need to exercise, eat right, be healthy but I can’t,” etc etc. And they say it with a harsh tone, like they are chastising themselves. It makes me feel weirdly uncomfortable and I never really know what to say back.

Some have circled back to me for more details on the plan I’m following, but even then, once I give them details, it’s all self-defeating responses. I could never do that, I don’t have time to do all that, one thing or another. And to be clear, I’m not telling them what they should do, only what I am doing and what has worked for me.

Everyone is different, and some people aren’t even interested in weight loss or exercising, and that’s totally fine with me! You do you! I’m not bringing up the subject myself, it’s always them asking me about it but then it just turns into a conversation where they are down on themselves, almost like they are expecting me to criticize them or something. Which I am absolutely not going to do, I’m not interested in breaking anybody down! But it’s like just by me existing, that’s some kind of requiem on what they “should” be doing.

Does anyone else get this kind of response from others? How do you respond back or handle this situation?

submitted by /u/CrystalGoddess78
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38zFEaa

No comments:

Post a Comment