Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Day 1: Dealing with weight loss woes, depression....and starting again.

I'm not sure if this is actually a post I can make here, but I guess I'm not super sure where else to put it.

I had a pretty successful weight loss journey through the pandemic and lost about 20 kgs - it was pretty amazing; the gym routine and healthy eating had me flying high! Then....the last couple months of 2020 hit and the holidays, plus a looming birthday and spiralling mental health meant that I just totally lost my grip on pretty much any form of healthy living. It really sucked...I feel myself just now coming out of it (and feeling more myself) and, as expected, the scale didn't have any good news for me.

So, it's time to start again. I feel silly that I thought changing my lifestyle would be easy and something achievable over the span of a couple months in isolation. Safe to say I've learnt my lesson now. A positive sign of my mental health is that I don't feel awful and guilty for having to start again. Instead, i think of it as....doing it right this time. I've learnt my lesson from overly restrictive diets, over exercising, chasing fast and unrealistic weight loss goals and...thinking that losing x amount of kilos will fix my own mental health issues.

To anyone else who's had the same struggle, we'll definitely reach our goals! Life is such a damn rollercoaster and it's all about sticking with it and trying your best.

Here's to Day 1!

submitted by /u/Lost_K_K
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hujk5O

No comments:

Post a Comment