Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Tell me about your good habits!

I gained weight this year but I've started building good habits in the last few weeks. I can tell they are habits now, and not fueled by inspiration or motivation, because I am doing them almost unthinkingly. What I'm listing below are habits I've developed or I'm in the process of developing, that have been good for my weight loss.

  1. weighing myself everyday. for me, this keeps me on track. I do it every single day and I don't let a heavier weight discourage me. I love looking back at the trend of the week and the month. It shows me how I gain/lose weight based on my moods, habits and lifestyle choices. My morning routine is: crawl out of bed, empty my bowels, take all my clothes off, weigh myself, drink a ton of water, and then start my day.
  2. walk. I'm aiming for 7000 steps every single day and my stepbet is holding me accountable for now.
  3. water! I was so consistently dehydrated this whole year! I have a jar by my desk & bedside that I keep filled and sip nearly every time I see it.
  4. cooking at home and as much as possible, from fresh ingredients. A big one. I figured out this year that I LOVE to cook. I find it so pleasurable. I make all sorts of treats but making them at home keeps me on my feet and calorie counting is so much easier.
    coconut curries (with shrimp or chicken), lasagna (I made the noodles fresh too once!), dosa, poha, sourdough bread, baked fish, dumplings, falafel
  5. Fasting: the habit I am trying to build. I'm already normally not hungry in the morning, and find that I eat more for social reasons or because I'm bored being at home all day. I want to create a fasting routine of 16:8 - 18:6 most days, and OMAD (24 hour) fasts once or twice per week.

I would love to hear yours! What habits have sustained you, what are you in the process of building, and how?

submitted by /u/yacantprayawaythegay
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37WJA5K

No comments:

Post a Comment