Friday, January 1, 2021

Reminder for those who overate on NYE

17F 5’2 SW: 160lbs CW: 137lbs GW: 120lbs

So... I definitely ate above maintenance today, there were many sweets on my family’s buffet and I decided to get it out of my system and eat all of the ones I wanted. Was it the best idea? No. Was it worth it? Kinda. I definitely feel stuffed and a little sickly which I haven’t felt in a long time. Right after eating that I felt really guilty and started beating myself up over it. This morning I also woke up at my lowest weight of the year so I felt even worse about it. Tomorrow I will probably be 2-3 lbs heavier and feel bloated.

As I sat there wallowing in self pity I took a step back and reminded myself that one day won’t hurt. Even if it was above my maintenance calories, there isn’t anything I can do about it now. It was a mistake and I’m not perfect. Most of it is water weight and will disappear in a few days. All my hard work hasn’t disappeared and I won’t suddenly gain back all that I lost in one day. Instead, tomorrow is a fresh start, a new day and a new year. I will eat at my normal deficit and not starve myself. I will maybe take a longer walk and get back on track.

If you overate tonight or throughout any of the recent holidays, please don’t be negative towards your body. Treat it with kindness and remember what it does for you everyday. You progress won’t be completely ruined and it’s not worth dwelling on. What’s done is done, there is a new day waiting for you to do better than yesterday. Anyways happy New Years! My heart goes out to all of those continuing or starting their weight loss in 2021. I hope you reach your goals and become the best version of yourself❤️

submitted by /u/cherri_bloss
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aY3LlH

No comments:

Post a Comment