Friday, February 5, 2021

I really want rules...but my therapist advises against them. Any suggestions?

Background: I have a history of eating disorders and depression. While my therapist supports me in losing weight for health reasons, we both are conscious of my mental health/state while going on this journey. I also have PCOS and endometriosis that make weight loss a little harder.

I really want rules like "only 2 treats a week" or "no eating after 7 pm," but my therapist says that those will likely put me in a negative mental space and won't be helpful. I want some guidelines, my friends!

My biggest issue: right now I do great in the morning and daytime with staying full but eating minimal sugar, high protein, complex carbs, and fruits and veggies. Then comes the night when I just get cravings and bingey and I just want to eat food. It's not that I'm not eating enough, it's that I shouldn't still be eating, but I'm having a hard time not putting "rules" on myself.

I know this is complex and it may be beyond the paygrade of fellow redditors like yourselves, but if you have any suggestions from your own experience, I would love to hear it.

submitted by /u/musicatnip
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aCfiFu

No comments:

Post a Comment