Saturday, February 6, 2021

Lost 19lbs in just under three weeks. Sleep has been amazing, but I'm waking up with discomfort in lower back/sides.

Started dieting (1200kcals per day, 99% plant-based) just under three weeks ago and it's going very well - lost around 19lbs already (I know much of this will be water weight). My skin has improved considerably, I have so much more energy and my sleep has been '''amazing''' - I'm getting a full 8+ hours uninterrupted sleep every night.

However, when I wake up in the morning, I have painful aches on one of both sides of my mid-to-lower back (the "kidney area") from where I have been laying down. I am primarily a side sleeper and sleep with two pillows to help my breathing. I have a double mattress with a memory foam top.

This has only started since getting good sleep and over the past week or. In the beginning and prior to dieting/losing weight when my sleep was poor I wouldn't get this, but I would be tossing/turning in bed a lot more and waking up several times a night.

There are so many variables but I just thought I'd ask on here incase anybody has experienced similar?

It could be so many things:

  • Change of diet causing a kidney issue (unlikely as I get aching/discomfort during the day)

  • Good, uninterrupted sleep meaning I am laying positions longer when sleeping and this is causing pressure on the area.

  • Weight loss itself causing a kidney issue or some other kind of medical issue?

  • Weight loss reducing the amount of fat and bloating I had on that area, which means there is less 'padding'.

  • The good sleep and weight loss exposing what was already a poor mattress and its taken until now to realise that? (however I've always found the mattress comfortable when I was overweight).

  • Something else?

Any suggestions most welcome. Thanks.

submitted by /u/MediocreIndividual1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rpCFsI

No comments:

Post a Comment