Wednesday, February 3, 2021

NSV - I am STILL trying to work my way through all of my Christmas chocolate!

Bit of a weird NSV, but every Christmas I seem to get a mountain of chocolate from friends and family. Every year (with losing weight halfheartedly in the back of my mind) I seem to go with a strategy of inhaling absolutely all of it before January 1st, with the mindset of starting fresh for the new year with no temptations. I normally end up gaining an extra 5-6 lbs or so purely from the chocolate alone over Christmas, which generally puts me in a bad position for the start of the year.

This year I adopted a different approach. I decided that I was going to try and make it last, by having normal portion amounts of ~200 calories or so if I ever wanted chocolate. We're now into February and I don't think I've even managed to get through half of it yet. It seems crazy to me that I used to think having all of it within the space of a week to get rid of it was a good idea. Low and behold, this is probably my best start to the year in terms of weight loss in a long time. Throughout January I managed to lose about 7 lbs, which might not seem like a lot but I'm quite happy losing roughly 1.5 lbs a week and being less restrictive.

I joined this subreddit in roughly 2017, and I did not think I'd still be trying to lose weight almost 4 years on. There have been plenty of ups and downs so far, and I've learned a lot from the experience. I feel like I'm finally starting to make sustainable changes to my lifestyle, and I'm excited to see where I can get to by next Christmas!

submitted by /u/potato123897
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MR1Bu6

No comments:

Post a Comment