Monday, February 1, 2021

Please help- eating 1000 calories not losing weight

Hi everyone,

This is probably going to be a long post but I would really appreciate everyone’s advice. I’m 5 2 and 132 lbs currently. I have been between 120-140 for the past 4 years. I originally was 120 at the start of college then went to 140 after sophomore year. I spent a year working out and losing weight eating 1000-1200 calories and went back down to 120. I’ve been eating in a deficit most days and then would binge maybe 2x a week so I am now at my current weight of 132. After the holidays I decided I really wanted to lose weight because I was unhappy with my body. I am really struggling with the eating parts and CICO. I workout 6x a week doing a pull push leg split. I workout quite hard. Right now I’m doing 190 5x3 deadlift, 160 3x5 squat and 95 5x5 bench just to put it into perspective and on sundays I usually do about 45 minutes of walking.

I’m currently eating an average of 1000 calories a day and I started really trying to lose weight again 12/27/20. Since then I have a lost a total of 2 lbs and I know weight loss can be slow and 1 lb a month is normal but at my high deficit I thought I would be losing more. I track my food to the gram when I eat at home about 4x a week and when I go out I typically eat a very light lunch and a snack and have that outside meal as my last meal. I try to estimate it as best as I can i.e. beef noodle soup or Korean food I estimate around 800 cals.

I do calculate my calories by doing 1000+ the number of calories I burned while exercising typically I estimate about 150-200 cals. I workout for about 45 minutes to an hour.

In the past 3 weeks I have stayed at 131.8 even though I’ve been tracking. It’s getting me really discouraged and I know weight loss can be slow on the scale but it’s very discouraging.

I’m always thinking about food and maybe binge now about 2x a month. On binge days I estimate about 1800-2000 cals.

I always think I should eat more and see everyone say 1200 but I’m scared to go up because I’m not seeing much progress at 1000. TDEE calculators show I should eat about 1600 calories to lose weight but that just seems way too much for me.

I feel as though I keep having to go lower because I’ve been on a calorie deficit somewhat consistently at 800-1200 calories for 3 years now.

Sorry for this extremely long post I’m just so discouraged and really want to have the transformation I see people doing in 5-6 months but it seems like it’ll never happen for me. Should I eat out less since I can’t track, should I eat more since I might be losing muscle mass, am I doing something wrong since I should be losing it faster?

Please help!!!

Thank you!!!!

submitted by /u/aca2657
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3j9SEbl

No comments:

Post a Comment