Monday, February 1, 2021

You guys saved my life

[305-190] [18,M,6'5]

Long read ahead;

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone in this subreddit know how much I appreciate them, you guys literally saved my life.

1 year ago today I was around 300 lbs, suicidal, and had no goal in life. I got kicked out of my school during my senior year, and got arrested. I had early diabetes symptoms, no girlfriend, and abusive parents. I've been suicidal as long as I can remember, as early as 6 years old. During the summer I found this subreddit. I have been overweight since I was in a stroller, and I didn't know how to lose weight, I assumed it was by exercising. I discovered CICO the day quarantine started here in Canada back in March. I decided to try it, and lift weights everyday and by September I lost over 100 lbs. I cried like a baby when I stepped on the scale and saw 85kg. Sadly with the weight loss I found out I have gynecomastia, but I'm seeing a surgeon soon, and the surgery is COVERED!!!

Before I lost weight I was unconfident, and had only talked to a few girls in my high school. Know virtually every girl my age I walk by look at me, and I've had tons of girls ask for my Snap/phone number, its confidence I never thought I would have. Ever. Weight lifting increased my testosterone, which other else than the insane sex drive, has improved my life in so many ways, my voice is deeper, and I'm more confident, and able to stand up for myself and not give a shit.

I somehow got into my dream university, and I'm studying animation right now. I finished last semester with a 3.9 GPA, and got offered a scholarship. 95% of my friends and family don't recognize me, I've looked some people in the eye, and they wouldn't know it was me until I said their name.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think I beat depression. I'm literally smiling for no reason all the time, I really hope everything stays like this.

You guys are the fucking best, I didn't need to see a diet coach or anything, this subreddit should cost money. If you we're where I was last year, lurking, please, please, please, please start right now.

Thank you so much I fucking love you guys!

(P.S I'm glad to post some pics too!)

submitted by /u/EastHastingsZombie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pHtB1I

No comments:

Post a Comment