Friday, March 12, 2021

Looking to look not pregnant

Hello loseit ! Stats: CW: 137 H: 66in

Backstory: Four years before pregnancy was 135 but gained 15 pounds (most likely due to undiagnosed thyroid issue). 4 years later, while pregnant my hypothyroid was discovered and has been regulated ever since. Had huge baby (almost 11 pounds). Gained 50+ pounds during pregnancy from starting weight of 150lbs to 200+ (I stopped checking when I hit 200).

After baby (not understanding weight loss), I figured weight would go back to normal - I ate the same as before pregnancy. However, I was only losing about 3 to 4 pounds a year. After 7 years of listening to random chatter (never fully committing to weird diets and personal trainers); I decided it was taking way too long and jumped on Reddit and found this sub.

Epiphany: Mind blown. I need to create a caloric deficit and exercise has minimal benefit - sign me up! Sept 2019 I began and today I am 137. I lost approx 1 pound a week and the last 4 / 6 months I have been maintaining (fluctuation 135-140) even though I’m still at the same calorie deficit range I began with (1200-1400). I do light exercise (intentional walks, stretching, and light weight training - 3lbs free weights).

Problem: I still look 5 months pregnant! Wth!! I don’t have that separated stomach muscle thing (diastasis ercti) as I had two doctors check. My stomach is still distended and I look like there is a baby in there !! Doesn’t help that I get phantom kicks (def not pregnant and confirmed many times lol).

Visual: My stomach starts to push out 2 inches above the bellybutton, then gives the B shape at the belly button, and to finish off this wonderful look the bottom of the belly sags in a W shape (like two lower case u’s). There is grab-able fat in the lower belly so it’s not all excess skin. I’m not a doc but I don’t think there is that much in terms of excess skin.

If I suck in hard I can get the top portion in but the lower stomach still distends and sags - but who walks around sucking in that tight all the time (it’s hard work! And feels like it’s not healthy).

Question/s: Am I still too heavy at 137? Should I try and get to 125? Is surgery my only option?

Weight loss has been super slow to nonexistent and obviously I can increase my exercise instead of eating below the “safe” threshold. I just don’t want to commit if I’m setting myself up for disappointment when the stomach remains. I have been waiting for this elusive paper towel effect!

Loseit ! You are my only hope!

submitted by /u/FinalEviction
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3crDzPs

No comments:

Post a Comment