Monday, March 22, 2021

Losing my mind - not any weight. Any insight?

Hi, all! Like many of us here, I'm no newbie when it comes to weight loss. Been on the rollercoaster of trying to lose, losing, giving up, and gaining for a while now. Counting calories has always been difficult for me because of my history with disordered eating when I was younger.

Recently, I began working with a trainer who outlines my exact meals down to the gram, as well as my exact workouts to do. I've been on the program for about two and a half weeks now and the scale is NOT BUDGING. Usually, when I start eating clean, there's the initial WHOOSH of water weight, followed by a 2-3lb loss per week for the first couple of weeks before it evens out to a more normal pace.

However, I haven't seen that here and I'm starting to lose my sanity over it. I've been hovering around 233-235 for the last eleven days. I'm eating 1400-1550 calories a day (my TDEE is 2143 and my BMR is 1786), working out 5-6x a week, and weighing/logging every single morsel that goes into my mouth. When I work out, there's always a lifting set ( about 20-30 minutes of strength) and either a HIIT workout (~20minutes) or an abs circuit. A few times a week, I'm also taking my two dogs on a 30-60 minute walk AND I throw in some Peloton workouts (30-60minutes) 2-3x a week, as well.

To be fair, I took progress pics and there is a noticeable difference for two weeks of work. The sports bra I put on two weeks ago that cut into my circulation from being too tight fits well now. My back is no longer bulging out of it and my sides are not bulging out of my leggings. I've lost an inch off of my waist and two off of my hips. So, I know in my head progress is being made. I just feel like I'm losing my mind because after two weeks of hard work, I'm still where I started weight wise. I've heard of plateauing, but not right at the beginning of weight loss? Does anyone have any insight, positive affirmations, or stories of similar experiences they've been willing to share?

submitted by /u/melissakate8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3r9SGSY

No comments:

Post a Comment