Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Struggling to restart! Body feels so stiff! Help!

Just to get it out of the way. I am using the app and I will likely have missed a few words or spelling/ autocorrect mistakes. However, I hope my post makes sense.

Stats: 32F / currently 200lbs (90.7 kg)/ height 4ft 9in ( or 145 cm) / very sedentary job

About 7 - 8 years ago, I started my weight loss journey following loseit and 90daysgoal subreddits as guides to help me manage. I did really well over that year or two and was only about 10 lbs (was at 133 lbs or 60.3 kg) from my absolute goal, and felt amazing minus the fact my heart rate while hiking could be very high. I met my current boyfriend and switched companies to further my career; which included a lot of travel. For a period of time.

Fast forward a bit to we moved and since then I noticed my drive, my eating habits, and my movement deteriorated to point i am officially at my highest weight, and I mentally feel drained. I am trying to see someone for my mental health as I think I finally burned out. (I have a lot I deal with in my home band work life, and both sides basically tell me to fix the other side, so I can focus properly.) Personally I just want like 6 months off on a beach doing nothing, but that is not realistic, so I'm trying to self help myself, on top of trying not to worry about my partner as he struggles with online learning as someone who deals with anxiety, and depression who's counseling support team disappeared nearby the beginning of COVID, so I'm his sounding board again.

On top of that I work an office job that has high workloads and expectations this time of year, and I feel very underpaid for. These affect my mental health, which in turn affects my drive and increases my junk food cravings and refusal to really try to make food (so I lean on my classics, bread, minute rice, and frozen items like chicken nuggets, or stuffed chicken breasts. I don't want to make my simple salads. Or track anything, even though I know it'll help in the long run. I'm fighting myself here, and am trying with just simply trying to get back to tracking alone.

The worst of all of it though and the spot I really want help in right now is my body feels so stiff. I can barely do chores without my lower back killing me. A 15 min walk is even hard on my lower back. I think I need to stretch my hips, and top of thigh (not sure the name of the top of thigh muscle as I think sitting shortens that one). I tried to look up stretches but most are not ones I can even get into the position of at this time. My belly is too big so I don't get a good range or form.

What are some stretches you recommend someone to try?

TL;DR - Reached the most weight I ever had. I know I have to fight myself on many items like my food choices and intake. But I really want to get back to walking, but need help with stretches to ease lower back/hip pain. Body stiff from long hours sitting and inactivity. Belly weight makes found stretches hard to do in a good form.

Quick edit:// as I see a potential trend to yoga happening, I want to also ask, what are some go to stretches for quick breaks during the day ( think cubicle/ not much space stretches) that you found helpful?

submitted by /u/determinedlaziness
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OzJNon

No comments:

Post a Comment