Friday, March 12, 2021

Victory Screech!!!

I went down 1 size in jeans!!!

Did you also make that promise “next I’m going to buy jeans, they will be one size smaller” to yourselves numerous times?

Well I did, and today is the first time ever it came true.

Started my weightloss journey in January, and have had some ups and downs. I am having a tough time with a lot of shit that is going at the moment. And for the first time in all my weight loss attempts, I am being kind to myself on difficult days. I used to feel sorry for myself, and treat myself with (bad) food.

Now, on these rough days when I don’t feel the energy to do anything else than daily responsibilities, I am being kind to myself by letting go of my diet, but still doing portion control. And instead of a heavy workout, I’ll just go for a walk. Those are my conditions to “a day off”.

For me, this feel like a good balance. Instead of inflicting myself with impossible goals of doing everything perfectly or choosing between goals, I have found balance toning it down a bit whenever necessary, while still working on my goals.

I have “only” lost 9 pounds so far (before, I would set my goals way higher). But I kept on going on the difficult days, even if they were tiny steps.

I can be proud of my ‘mental’ progress and stuff, but DAMN DO THESE JEANS FEEL GREAT!!

Be kind to yourselves, (but don’t forget to kick your butt also). It is not about feeling disappointed or angry when you fall off the wagon, it is about supporting yourself to get back on again! And enjoy your victories, even the small ones.

submitted by /u/Rhodemus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qGg6PI

No comments:

Post a Comment