Wednesday, May 5, 2021

A little guidance from the pros - Request

Greeting All,

I currently weigh 291 lbs and want to weigh 210 lbs. I started my weight loss journey on March 1st, 2021. At the start of my journey, I weighed 299 lbs.

I have been going to the gym 6 days a week. My exercises include treadmill (3 mph for 25 minutes, 4.5 mph for 5 minutes) and strength exercises for 1 hour (two muscle groups a day. According to the apple watch, I burn approximately 600-700 calories at the gym. I am not able to run more on the treadmill because my legs and feet start hurting like crazy.

I am trying to limit my calories intake to 1500 per day, but it often goes to 2000 (I just can't help dinners)

It does seem that the weight loss is ideal considering you should lose 2 lbs per week. But, I lost the 8 lbs in the first two weeks and the scale has been constant since.

Could someone please advise me on,

1) How to get back the motivation to go to gym after you skip it for a week.

2) Is strength training really going to help me lose weight?

3) How can I control my dinners? Dinner is the only meal that I cook at home. I take the same for lunch, the next day.

4) How can I push past this weight stagnation?

p.s. I do not have a sweet tooth. I love to eat chicken, but being Indian, I need to accompany it with bread and rice.

Thank you so much in advance. Hope to learn some new things from you all!

submitted by /u/EvilSnakE_123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3uqE2t1

No comments:

Post a Comment