Saturday, May 1, 2021

Am i regaining muscle or is my fat loss stalling?

Hey first time poster here.

stats: 6'1 male, Age: 22, start weight: 238, 25% bf, started lifting when I was 16.

I took more or less 1 year off the gym when lockdown hit, hardly any cardio, ordering food, everything went out the window. I put on 14 pounds in this time period putting me at my highest weight yet - 238lbs.

I started back out at the gym a couple of weeks ago with my intention to pursue my dream goal of getting to around 10-12% bf. My maintenance calories are 3000cal but I'm currently eating 2100 calories (225g protein, 200g carbs, 50g fat). Also currently doing 3x 400 calories walks.

Week1 ABW: 233.8

Week2 ABW: 232.36

Week3 ABW: 231.9

So basically my weight loss is already stalling but I just don't know if it's muscle gain due to muscle memory or because I need to change my macros or cardio sessions. Does anyone have any advice on how I can tackle this problem? In my head it's lose 0.5%-1% a week, if that's not achieved then either decrease macros or increase cardio. But if i'm gaining muscle how can I know for sure it's not fat and that I just need to stick to my current plan?

Any advice is appreciated, the post is a bit all over the place. I've just tried to cram in as much info as possible.

submitted by /u/ma70n
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nDUVxZ

No comments:

Post a Comment