Saturday, May 1, 2021

Bf’s mom told me to lose weight, if she can do it I can do it too. I’d lost 20lbs since I last saw her and feel unmotivated to continue now

I saw my Bf’s family today at his brother & Fiance’s baby shower. We were only there briefly, & towards the end of our visit his mother comes up to me, telling me that I needed to eat healthy, and lose weight. She compared me to his older sister who’s also a bit overweight, who was literally sitting three feet away and could overhear everything bf’s mother was saying about her. She said I needed to lose weight to become more healthy to TAKE CARE OF HER SON (he’s 28), and if she could do a nightly 2 mile walk, there’s no reason I shouldn’t be able to either. I told her I had a machine for exercising, to which she responded “Then why don’t you use it? Use it!” I ended the convo there and we left. What she doesn’t know is that I use my elliptical every day, and have completely changed my diet and lifestyle to become more healthy. Idk if I’m overreacting, but I was really sad and upset with these comments. It had been 6 months since I saw any of his family, so I’m not sure why his mother was acting like this towards me, she seemed angry. In my personal life, I was recently diagnosed with pcos and let me tell you, you have to seriously fight to lose pounds when your hormones are working against you. I didn’t tell them any of this, and have no intentions to.

I left that baby shower feeling really horrible about myself. Like all of this work I’ve put in to get around 200lbs was for nothing. His family sees me as extremely lazy, & as an unhealthy eater. My bf told me they’ve probably made comments to his other brother’s wife about her weight as well, which is very frightening to me since she is very fit, only has a large chest by nature. I feel like they’re serious fat phobics and as someone who has body dysmorphia and now pcos I have no idea if I’ll ever fit into his family. I feel devastated now and don’t want to continue. I feel like I already failed my weight loss journey.

I was supposed to work out today but haven’t yet. I honestly feel crushed. Sorry for venting, here are my stats. 22f 5’6 SW:222 CW:202

submitted by /u/babygirlxia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gV7y6j

No comments:

Post a Comment