Sunday, May 2, 2021

How do you make yourself "care" about weight loss when you're very busy and have little energy left to give?

I hope this doesn't sound too silly, but I'm on my second weight loss journey and have been encountering much more difficulty this time around.

When I first lost weight I was 17 and had nothing else to do. I'd finished highschool, didn't have a job, and nobody around to bother me. I found weight loss to be easy and I suspect that is partially because I could put all of my energy towards that. I maintained for years with no difficulty either.

Now I am 25, but I developed a metabolic disorder when I was pregnant with my kid. It wasn't diagnosed for 4 years, and the change to my BMR, pregnancy, and the sheer exhaustion of life with that untreated illness contributed to a 40lb gain. Now I find myself a busy adult with a full time job, a child, and a household to manage and I've been struggling to maintain any ability to produce the discipline required for calorie counting. I tried intuitively eating for a month and ensuring the majority of my food choices were healthy, such as salads/tofu and greens/smoothies/etc, but that did not produce any weight loss. I struggle during the day, especially around shared meals, as food is cooked for the whole family and not always by me. It's as if I have no willpower left over for something I know I need.

So, in short, how do you stay disciplined during the day when you're so busy? I feel like I've just been fumbling at the start of this and never picking up steam. Any advice is welcome!

submitted by /u/ComelyChatoyant
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ufyQrI

No comments:

Post a Comment