Sunday, May 2, 2021

I lost 180 pounds in 2.5 years!

https://imgur.com/a/RRexxoU

(I am not my starting weight in the picture as I was terrified of pictures before, so I am ~280 in the first picture)

2.5 years ago I started my weight loss. I was 320 pounds. I currently weigh 140. I remember at the time I thought I would be content with just getting out of the obese category because I thought I wouldn't have the discipline to do this for more than a few months. Turns out weight loss is actually shockingly easy. I ended up choosing to make it to the (very high end) normal weight bmi category. I owe most of my success to intermittent fasting and omad. I eat during the evening in a four hour timeframe. I was also very adamant about never eating over maintenance on any day, ever. I logged all my calories in myfitnesspal and let the app calculate my calorie limit for me. I never limited what kind of foods I ate.

My ADHD diagnosis also played a huge role in my success. Before medication, I was basically nonfunctional. I do not think I could have been successful if I was not medicated. Even something as simple as brushing my teeth used to be a daily struggle before medication.

I never incorporated exercise into my routine because ever since I got covid a little over a year ago I've had fainting spells whenever I get too warm or tired. Physically, I can't say I feel much better than I did before I lost the weight. I did eventually stop snoring and no longer have sleep apnea, so I am free of the cpap demon forever. That's probably the best physical aspect of the weight loss for me. I do have a decent amount of loose skin, mainly on my stomach and thighs. I can't wear shorts or short skirts anymore because of the sagging, which is a bummer. But I'll take being covered and thin over being exposed and fat any day.

I don't post a lot here but lurking around this community helped me a ton. On the periods where I wasn't doing so good on my diet I noticed myself consciously avoiding looking at posts here.

I'm still trying to lose a bit more weight, ten or twenty pounds I think, but it's a lot harder now! Being short and lazy means you have a depressing number of calories to work with. So it's slow going now. But I'm really grateful to this subreddit for helping me stick to my goals.

submitted by /u/sunlightdrop
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xG6Obc

No comments:

Post a Comment